3 WTC Sustainability
3 WTC is designed to the highest energy efficiency ratings, and has achieved LEED Gold Certification by the U.S. Green Building Council. These innovations mean cost savings for tenants and a healthier, more productive workplace.
Taking the LEED in Green Design
- Full-height, insulated windows reduce the need for artificial lighting and air-conditioning.
- Fuel cells generate electricity within the building and reduce emissions
- 50% of the building’s wood was sustainably harvested
- No ozone-depleting refrigerants are used, and all cleaning products are green
- 20% of the building’s materials are local, coming from within 500 miles
- Preferred parking program for fuel-efficient vehicles
- Cleaner Air
- Increased Natural Light
- Reduced Electricity & Water Usage
- 100% of building power comes from renewable sources including wind, solar and hydroelectric
- 12% less electricity usage than a conventional office building because of high-performance elevators, heating and cooling systems
- 30% less water usage, thanks to rain water collection and low-flow fixtures